Get Out the Vote Poster
For this project you will be designing a poster for AIGA's Get Out the Vote. The final poster will be in HTML format using HTML and CSS techniques. Limited, to no use of images is required (photos are allowed). You may download and use the provided poster template for comps, however the template for the HTML poster will be provided for you.
You must demonstrate your proficiency with XHTML & CSS during this project. Keep in mind the following guidelines prior to uploading your projects:
- Your page must be named "index.html".
- Use all lowercase letters for naming, and avoid special characters and spaces (except for hyphens and underscores, which are OK).
- Check all your links and pages to ensure they work correctly before you are done.
- All pages should have descriptive page titles
- All images must have alt tags and height/width declared
- Correct use of html/css syntax
- Proper use and set up of CSS Positioning
- The site must demonstrate proper CSS formatting. Name all CSS rules (NO .style1, .style2, .style3)
- Validate your entire web site with w3.org
- Use proper organizational methods in your html & css. Optimize/Shorthand your CSS to reduce CSS code.
- Your host directory for this project is p2
|Design Comps||(50 pts)|
Design comps due by specified date, quality, design and correct number/type of comps completed. Failure to submit all requirements can result in a zero.
|File organization (separate directories for assets, images, css, fonts)||(5 pts)|
|Appropriate file size, file format, image quality|
|Technical Considerations||(40 pts)|
Digital recreation must look 99% like the original poster
FTP site (Do NOT FTP source files (photoshop, illustrator, flash)