HTML and CSS Relationships
HTML is the structure of a website. CSS is the styling or appearance. You use HTML to lay out your content. Then CSS to position, set the colors, typography, etc.
The reason why the homepage of every website is typically the file "index.html" is because every browser will look for that file first. Your index.html file must be all lowercase, with no spaces, numbers, etc.
- For this class, you will use only one stylesheet per website. Do not use a stylesheet per page. One style sheet for all pages.
- Always organize your images in an "img" or "images folder.
- Always organize your css file in a "css" folder.
- All HTML files should reside in the same place as your index.html file.
- Always name your files in lowercase, no space, no special characters.