Learning Module 8 Assignment
Things I've Learned
These are the top then things I have learned in this class so far (not in any particular order):
- I learned how to use relative linking, when pages are located on the same server.
- I learned that URL stands for "Uniform Resource Locator," and means the entire web address, while a domain name is just the "example.com" piece of the URL.
- I learned that validation is great to use, to make sure my site is correctly coded.
- I learned it is better to use the <h1> to <h6> tags for creating headers, rather than the <p> tag.
- I learned that you can link in external style sheets, rather than writing all the code in the head of a page.
- I learned that there are five font families: serif, sans-serif, fantasy, cursive, and monospace.
- I learned that tags inherit the style of their parent tags, unless specified otherwise.
- I learned that you must specify the type of HTML you are writing by putting <!doctype html> on the first line of your HTML file.
- I learned that you must also specify the character set you want your browser to display.
- Perhaps most importantly, I have learned that HTML is for structure, and CSS is for style.
These are five online resources that I have found useful while taking this course: